-=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- (c) WidthPadding Industries 1987 0|426|0 -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=- -=+=-
SoCoder -> Blogs Home -> Blogs


 
Pakz
Created : 20 May 2024
Edited : 20 May 2024

LLM code translation Monkey>Javascript



I tried to translate a old Monkey 2 project over to Html with embedded Javascript.

The project had all its gfx as code, and no other external files. Was only 65 kb in total.

I used Poe and the Claude 2k Opus bot. This one costs 12000 credits per prompt. I had to upload the code as a file.

It promptly gave me pieces of translated pages that were html and javascript. It took a further 10 or so prompts to 'continue' parsing out the final conversion.

When done I had to copy and paste the code into a editor. Kind of delicate work. The Poe interface does not really handle code well.

The code did compile without errors. But the screen was completely white. It did look like the ui system worked.

For complete good to go translations, it does not seem to be a easy thing. I wil have to start digging into the code and start checking what went wrong. I might just wait until new LLM's get available that do it without error. As this fixing up might take days.

Having done a manual translation before without help this does seem to be easier.

Poe might be able to translate <500 kb of code per month for the payed plan. Not sure how good other bots are. Claude Opus should stil be the best coder out there.

Edit: the converted code turned out to be 90+kb.

 

Comments